Happy New Hustle!
5 Ways to Get Back to Business after the Holiday Hustle
We’ve gone from Happy Thanksgiving to Happy New Year, and now it’s time to get back to the grind. The year of 2018 was so amazing to me, and I simply want 2019 to show up and show out. But FIRST, I have to get back on schedule after all of the holiday hustle. It used to take me until about February to finally get back into the swing of things. I would reluctantly take my decorations down by the middle of January. I wouldn’t start writing down my resolutions until the end of January (which I don’t do anymore, click here to see why), and the next thing I knew, February 1st would be approaching. I never felt great about waiting until February to get back in the groove.
This year I’m switching things up. I am challenging myself (and you) to get back into making mama magic before Valentine’s Day. LOL. I’ve already started disciplining myself. Here are the 5 things I did to make sure I was getting back in the swing of things after the Holiday Hustle and making the most out of this first month of the year.
5 Things to Do to Get Back to Business After the Holiday Hustle
1. Took down the holiday decor. The decorations make me feel nostalgic, and I want to sit around, eat cookies, and watch movies when my holiday decorations are still up. So, this year I took them down right after New Year’s Day. It helped me close the 2018 holiday chapter, and turn the page for 2019.
2. Set up my most important meetings early in the month. I met with my team members through calls and coffee dates before the first week of January passed me by. It really helped me get back in the groove.
3. Set aside time to schedule January 1-5. These days are imperative in making sure I start off the right way. I scheduled New Year Instagram posts, these blogs you’re reading, and quick photo shoots I wanted to have done this week. Having things to get done the first week really helped me.
4. Shared my plans with someone. Letting others know you have plans for January will push you to keep your word and get the work done. Yes, a little outside motivation can get you back in business.
5. Kept my own promises. Sometimes, you just have to be good to your damn self. This means keeping the promises you made to yourself. For me, I made a promise that I would kick my workout routine into high gear, and I kept the promise to myself, and it’s worked wonders for the rest of my goals.
What about you? What are you doing to recoup from the Holiday Hustle? Let me know in a comment below!