Be Your Own Motivate-HER!
Ways to Stay Productive From Home
I’ve been working from home for several years now, and I used to end up unmotivated more than I was excited to be working. I would start out really good in the morning, and by lunchtime, I was a slouch who kept running back and forth to the fridge looking for a snack.
I know how easy it is to fall into a slump when you’re sitting in your pajamas, lounging on your couch, and working from your computer all day. You’re working, but it doesn’t feel like work. Being unmotivated can cause you to lose several hours of work time, so I wanted to share a few ways to stay motivated if you work from home. I would tell you to just whistle while you work (you remember that song?), but I know that won’t work.
1. Make a to-do list. On your to do list include numbers 2-5. Also, include 3 priority tasks that you must complete during the morning and the afternoon in order to solidify your daily plans
2. Hit the gym in the morning. Set aside 30 minutes to head to the gym and get your sweat on. A few minutes of cardio and a light weight lifting routine can give you the energy you need to work throughout the morning.
3. Get dressed every single day. Sit in your PJs for movie night, but put on a cute shirt and some jeans to inspire you to be productive. Complete your makeup for a finished work look.
4. Set a timer twice a day. Once for your morning tasks and another for your afternoon tasks. Make sure your timer is set for one project at a time. Don’t overwhelm yourself.
5. Take a midday shower. Reward yourself for completing your morning tasks by taking a refreshing shower and using your favorite body products to smell fabulous.
6. End your day on time. Choose a time to close the “office” and spend time with your family. Having an end time makes completing tasks a priority.
Bonus tip: Pick up some books that motivate you! I'm loving Start with Why, Secrets of a Six-Figure Woman, You are a Badass at Making Money, and The Secret!