Worldschooling: Here's my truth
Here's my truth: I get bored with the same old routine all the time. This is probably why I have the career I have now. I get to travel to different places, experience different things, and share it with you all. Well, now I'm feeling this way about Honor and school. The routine of traditional schooling makes me yawn. It just does. Fight me about it some other time. So, I went digging for research on other options and found worldschooling (and down the rabbit hole I went).
WOW! <insert a huge smile on my face> this is exactly what I would love to have Honor experience.
Traveling to new places.
Learning as we travel.
Building a huge life of amazing experiences. Enjoying family time while doing it.
Taking cute pictures.
Creating our own historical memory books. Doing it all over again.
Yesssssss!! Where do I sign up? LOL. There's no sign up for worldschooling, from what I'm reading.
Worldschooling is what I want for Honor. Even if I try it for a year and she makes the decision to head back to traditional school, I will feel confident in knowing that I tried this eye-opening and unique approach with her.
This is why I'm thinking about worldschooling:
1. Honor can see the world with her own eyes.
2. She can ask questions and get answers from the people who live in these
3. She can hang out with me (or maybe it's the other way around).
4. I can make sure she's learning things that are beneficial to her.
5. It will broaden her horizon and let her know what is available to her in this HUGE world.
6. It really seems to be a natural fit for our family.
7. Traveling builds awareness. I want her to be super cultured and aware of the globe.
8. She gets to learn while having fun.
9. I get to learn more while she's learning as well.
To start worldschooling or not to start worldschooling, that's the real question. What are your thoughts?