7 Ways to Coparent And Chill
Who else dislikes arguing with their coparent? *raises both hands* Coparenting is like a tango; it's complicated, but it can be beautiful if both partners are doing what they need to be doing. It's not a love song, it's a give and take of two people. I absolutely hate fighting with Honor's dad; it makes my energy feel drained and my day feel long.
If you're like me, and would like to just coparent and chill, don't worry... I got you.
Here are 7 Ways to Coparent and Chill
1. Don't be extra. Come together for the sake of the babies and be easy.
2. Stay out of your feelings. Coparenting is not for people who like to be emotionally driven.
3. Never throw dirt on your ex. You have to remember that that's your child's father or mother you're talking about.
4. Keep the relationship going. Just because you are no longer in an intimate relationship doesn't mean the relationship ends. It evolves.
5. Be inclusive as much as possible. You want your child to see that he or she brings you all together.
6. Set boundaries (and follow them.) It is important that everyone knows the rules and follow them. We don't need any unannounced pop-ups going down.
7. Play your role. Since coparenting is the goal, that means each parent plays an important part in making it work. Play your role (only) and everything will work out as it should.
What's your favorite way to coparent and chill? Let me know in the comments below!