17 Things I Learned This Year
Some people, okay most people, celebrate the New Year on January 1st; and there's nothing wrong with that! I totally use it as an opportunity for growth as well and I'm all about people setting goals for themselves! I, personally, celebrate the new year a little differently though. I think of my personal new year as my birthday. It's a renewal time for me, where I reflect back on the last year, what I accomplished, and think about what I'd like to do accomplish in my next trip around the sun.
So this year I decided that I wanted to take this time to really recenter. I took a trip to Dallas by myself, (sans child!), to get in touch with myself and the woman I am becoming. I highly recommend taking a solo adventure for everyone, at least once! This year feels extra special to me because the number seven has always been a special number to me, and this year my birthday fell on 7.17.17! While I was in Dallas I soaked up the quiet and reflected on the last year and took some notes to share with you on the things I learned this year.
_So here are 17 things I learned this year_
1. Less noise, more clarity look within yourself.
2. Be your own muse, you are your lottery ticket.
3. Intuition. Trust it. Feel it. Let it guide you.
4. The universe will always align with you, if you trust it to.
5. What's for me will always be for me.
6. Life is to be enjoyed.
7. Don't let fear turn into laziness and procrastination, perfection can turn into that too.
8. Take responsibility for your actions; whether they have good or bad results.
9. Tap into your power, motivate those who don't want to live a mediocre life.
10. Free yourself from other people's problems, don't let people send you on emotional trips.
11. Understand that after the plans and vision boards and affirmations, you gotta hustle. Every day I want you to get up, get your mind right, get cute, and get your hustle on.
12. You need four things to keep doing: believing in yourself, growing, showing up, and hustling. Do those things and you'll keep winning.
13. Do the work, ain't nothing in life comes free.
14. Learn what works. What works for Suzy in accounting won't necessarily work for you. We have to stop comparing and just love who we are.
15. Your energy is a powerful thing. Pay attention to what drains you, and cut it from your life. You'll be amazed at the change in yourself that you see.
16. Celebrate others. Another person's success isn't an insult to you, celebrate it and mean it.
17. I am my own super power. Anything that comes to me, will because I went beyond all other things in my life to achieve it. I made sacrifices, and I made my success a priority. I have the power to create whatever future I want for myself.
There you have it, my reflections on my 30th year and the things I learned during that year! I can't wait to see what 31 has in store for me, or more accurately, what I have in store for it!