7 Tips to Relax at Home
I am a hard worker. I know this about myself, and sometimes I push myself past the point of it being a good thing. While I consider my drive to be one of my strengths, I know that in order to maintain this, I have to have balance. Stress is the ultimate slow killer; bringing down your health, your psyche, and even aging you prematurely! Who wants that? Not me!
So I've made a point of managing my stress more effectively through things that fill up my soul when I'm at home. I may be go-go-go 90% of the time, but I have learned how I can refocus and refill when need be. I know so many other women are in my shoes when it comes to being overloaded, overworked, and over stressed. This list is for you.
Here are 7 Ways I Relax at Home:
1. I listen to music. Whether I'm putting on something with a beat I can dance to and shake it off, or something mellow to help me chill out, it always does the trick!
2. I keep fresh flowers in my house. There is something so restorative about fresh flowers. They make me smile and it's really about the small things in life when it comes to happiness.
3. I take a spiritual bath. If you missed my blog post, on how amazing these are, check it out here.
4. I diffuse essential oils depending on my mood and need. I also put them in my palm and breathe them in.
5. I write in my journal and list out all of the things I'm grateful for and everything I've accomplished. It's easy to get caught up in what's not working out, but when you take the time to list what is working, you remember why you're doing it.
6. I disconnect from technology for several hours to give myself a much needed break from outside influences.
7. And last, but most certainly not least, I get comfortable. Most days I'm running around all jazzed up and the second I walk in the door, I strip down to my skivvies. Specially, my most favorite ones ever, made by Hanes, because they are so incredibly comfortable.
There you have it, my list for what makes me relax, even on the most stressful day. I'd love to hear what makes you relax in the comments below! Also check out more about my favorite under garments!
What I Wore: I partnered up with Hanes to share my love of their products! In this post I'm wearing the Hanes Cool Comfort Hipster Undies and the Hanes Ultimate Comfy Support ComfortFlex Fit® Wirefree Bra. The fact that comfort is in the name of these is no coincidence. They are hands down the most comfortable underwear that have ever graced my body, and I'm no fool, I'm sticking with what is comfortable AND confident – what we like to call Comfydence
Shop the look and get this Hanes CFF bra and these Cool Comfort Microfiber hipster undies for $12 with promo code MCMHANES.
What are some of your tips to relax at home? I'd love to hear in the comments below!
This blog post is sponsored by Hanes, but the opinions are all my own.